We believe that living a life inspired by God's love compels us to offer help, hope, and healing to those looking for more meaning in their lives.
“First United Methodist Church Elgin is a joyful place to call your spiritual home. A place to worship, pray, serve, learn, teach and to love and be loved . . . . . . a
“Whether you are a long-time resident, new in the area or just passing through, we encourage you to come as you are, prepared to worship God through band-driven music, prayer, and the study of God’s Word.”
First United Methodist Church Elgin, strives to be an open and welcoming congregation, while developing relationships with the broader community in order to show the love of Jesus Christ to others. The United Methodist Church is known for having “open
Preparing your heart and mind each week is a powerful way to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. Each day you can find a daily devotional that will help cultivate your heart for how God is seeking to change your
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) of the Bible The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) of the Christian Bible is an English translation released in 1989. It is an updated revision of the Revised Standard Version, which was itself an update of the American Standard Version.
Church Mailbox February 10, 2016 TODAY (February 10th) is Ash Wednesday – the beginning of the Lenten Season. This year we will use the writings of C.S. Lewis to highlight the Scripture readings of the 40 days of
The Life of First United Methodist
- Lent is a season of preparation and repentance during which we anticipate the death and resurrection of Jesus. It is this very preparation and repentance …Read More »
- Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the season of Lent. Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of …Read More »
- February is Heart Awareness Month Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. There are many different kinds of heart …Read More »
- The February 2016 issue of Faith News is now available. Inside this monthly publication you will find information on worship services, a note from our …Read More »
“Making Faith Real!”
- Beginning February 7th, FUMC will start a new adult class, called Perspectives. The class will discuss different topics every week that confront the news headlines …Read More »
- If your child is surfing the Web, you need to be paddling right alongside him — or at least observing him carefully from the shore. While …Read More »
- Everyone has a story – a history, a culture, and beliefs that shape the way we see the world and our place in it. The …Read More »
Celebrations of Church Life
A time to observe and engage in the joys, events, fellowship and stories of First United Methodist Church Elgin. Making Faith Real ! !