Get Involved . . . . . . . .
You have responded to the invitation to become a member and part of First United Methodist Church Elgin. Now we encourage you to get involved, not only in a small group, but also in service, in order to grow in your faith and in your connection to the community of Christ.
“I’m ready to serve . . . . . . . . . . . .”
Respond to Immediate Volunteer Needs: FUMC Elgin has a long history of serving others. But sometimes we have to serve our own church in order to provide hospitality, passionate worship and intentional faith development to our fellow members and guests. Caring for our members is a way of life at FUMC. Caring takes many forms and is the outward expression of that love that Jesus taught us. Below is a list of ongoing volunteer opportunities that would connect you to your church and its people.
- Prepare meals for families with loved ones in the hospital or families with a new born.
- Reconnect with home bound or hospital bound members. Volunteers who visit home bound members must undergo a criminal background check and be a member of the church for six (6) months or longer.
- Contact members or persons who have missed three (3) or more consecutive Sundays in worship attendance. The volunteer can either make a phone call or send a note letting the member know that they have been missed.
- Join the choir or support the children’s choir.
- Facilities maintenance; changing light bulbs & AC filters, touch-up painting, etc..
- Help prepare & serve meals twice a month with the Kitchen Ministry.
- Supporting Children’s Sunday School teachers or assisting with special programs.
If you are ready to serve and need some help to get started, contact the church office at (512) 285-4503.
“Tell them that you are ready to serve. . . . . . . .”