Director of Christian Education
The Director of Christian Education/Youth coordinates and facilitates the education ministries of the church. This includes serving as a resource for all Christian Education programs and recommending/selecting curriculum for classes for all ages in accordance with our rich Wesleyan heritage. Special emphasis to be given to the Middle School and High School classes for education, fellowship, and mission opportunities. The Director of Christian Education/Youth should strive to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ and to exemplify that ethic in his or her behavior as part of the church staff and within the larger community.
This position will be 30 hours per week and start on January 1, 2017.
- Possess a desire to work with church leaders, members and volunteers to provide quality spiritual formation opportunities for children and youth.
- Possess a college degree in Christian Education and/or 5 years of experience working with children and youth in this capacity.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Demonstrate ability to orchestrate and oversee multiple programs.
Programming skills –
- Recruit and oversee Sunday School teachers, coordinate curriculum and the ordering of Sunday School supplies.
- Plan and coordinate Teacher Appreciation Sunday, Promotion Sunday, the presentation of 3rd grade Bibles, Senior Bibles, Confirmation and Children’s Sunday in consultation with the Pastor.
- Resource Christian Education programs such as Bible Studies, and short term classes for religious education.
- Create a middle school/high school education/fellowship/mission program for 6th through 12th grade.
Leadership skills –
- Effectively recruit, direct and resource Sunday School teachers for pre-K through High School.
- Assist the Education Chair/Committee and Pastor in coordinating Adult Ministries, including, but not limited to, Disciple Bible Study, short-term Bible study, and Adult Sunday School.
Learn More . . . .
Download & Print: Director of Christian Education Job Description
Email Resume to Samuel Blanco: email@example.com